Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Party at the Air Force Academy Football Stadium

On the 50 yard line

Tyler and Santa


Mia and Santa


Cookie decorating


So I vowed not to get too far behind on this blog, and here I have already let 2 weeks pass without a post. I guess that's what happens when you have 4 kids ages 7 and under! That's my excuse, at least.
We had Mike's office holiday party this weekend. It was held at the Air Force Academy stadium. It was a great party complete with lunch, cookie decorating and a visit from Santa. I was a bit concerned about how Jake and Nick would react to Santa as they have started asking some questions about the logic (or lack thereof) of the whole Santa thing. I'm not convinced that they were fooled by this Santa look-alike (not so much), but he brought presents, so they were happy to set aside their skepticism. Mia and Tyler were completely taken with the big man- quite a shift from their reaction when we were at the North Pole a few weeks ago. Again, I think the presents helped to break the ice! Mia sat on his lap and Tyler gave him the cookie that he decorated...after he took a bite out of it. I'm sure Santa appreciated that.
After Santa made his appearance we all headed down to the Academy football field. The kids were very excited to be on the field and had a great time running and playing with the other kids. The big kids (Mike and his guys) played a game of flag football and miraculously none of the old men came hobbling off the field injured as we were predicting on the sidelines!

1 comment:

The Stums said...

Was it as much fun as playing football with Chris and Kristen? Probably not.

I love the Santa in shades. Totally legit. I mean, I'm sure the snow gets bright at the North Pole, right?